Friday, May 14, 2010

We'll see how long this lasts...


So it's day 6 of vacation and I'm starting to get a little bored and homesick. I'm on an Island in Florida that is pretty far from being vegan friendly, staying in a house that is too nice for me. And while it is relaxing for a few days to do nothing but lay around on a practically private beach, I miss being at home with my cats, working on my garden and being able to cook whatever I want, whenever I want. So what do I do about it? Start a blog of course!

If you know me very well, you're probably thinking I'm crazy. I'm not a writer and am usually pretty quiet and private about my life. Plus, I can't spell and I don't always use my commas and apostrophes correctly. I'm sure my sister could point out every grammatical error and misspelling in this post in less than 10 seconds, but that's ok, she can't help it. So, we'll see how long this blogging thing lasts..

We'll start with a picture of the view from the beach house on St. George Island, Florida.

We drove about 15 hours to get here, but my husband and I agreed it was one of the most pleasant drives we've ever made. I think it's because we stopped in Metropolis to take a couple pictures.


2 comments:

  1. I am impressed! Your grammar and spelling look great to me, and your writing is quite articulate. Any idea how this blog will progress? Will you post some of your amazing food fotos? recipes? cat pix? garden stuff?

    Great start. Maybe you can document your birthday...vegan potlucks...the squirrels next door...not making fun--I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks just like your OLD Metropolis picture! You should post that to compare.

    ReplyDelete