Monday, June 14, 2010

So I'm still not sure I understand how garlic works. You plant a single clove, wait several months, and you get a whole head of garlic. What happens to that original clove? Is it part of the head? Does it just disappear? Either way, I think it's pretty cool. This is part of my first garlic harvest.



After months of begging and nagging, I finally got my husband to help me till up a big part of our backyard. Then he so kindly and without much complaint, built a wooden frame around it. I'm excited because I'm trying for the first time to grow sweet corn. We have had TONS of rain and heat here in the last couple weeks, so everything in the garden is growing fast. This is my sweet corn.



I'm pretty sure we have a rabbit nest in our yard somewhere. We keep seeing these adorable little bunnies running around our yard. They are so cute it's really hard to get mad at them when they chew down my broccoli every time it recovers from the last chewing. So, today I spent my morning in our swampy, mosquito infested backyard, trying to rabbit-proof my garden. I think it will at least keep the rabbits out, but the squirrels are a whole different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment